Thursday, January 22, 2009

Work - Life Balance

Balance between work, passion, and life works for me. I may even return to City service as a Criminal and Intelligence Analyst to provide for that part of the equation. I am also looking for a business that engages my natural curiosity and my online research skills.

While concentrating on my last year of school, I have developed a taste for certain subjects of online movies and TV shows. I recently viewed "GONE BABY GONE" and "DOUBT." I was impressed by the story and the questions raised. Gone Baby Gone resonated, because I have developed an opinion about the rights of children. Doubt resonated, because I am a baptized and confirmed Catholic. I liked Meryl Streep's character, the Principal/Nun.

I would like to present my opinions about the subject matter presented in these movies and invite others to present theirs. I will embed the actual video so that it is easier to comment and reference scenes in the movie.

Brief Summary

DOUBT Produced by Goodspeed Productions, directed, written by John Patrick Shanely. The film takes place soon after the Kennedy assassination. Integration was slowly progressing forward as evidence by the single black student attending the school. The parish priest (played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman), nuns, and this student is thrown in a dynamic that reflects the very title of the movie. I'm sure strong emotions will crop up while watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment